3 edition of Churches of Wareham, Dorset. found in the catalog.
|Statement||British Publishing Co|
|Publishers||British Publishing Co|
|The Physical Object|
|Pagination||xvi, 84 p. :|
|Number of Pages||87|
nodata File Size: 8MB.
A priory was founded here in the early 12th century as a cell of the Norman Abbey of Lire, perhaps on the site of an early monastery mentioned in A. Unlike Tyneham, the military did not retain Arne after the War, but the village never really re-established itself and much of it lay derelict until the late 1950s.
Slade, Dorchester; 36 to Robert Dugdale, 1766, Robert his nephew, 1788, and others, tablet with apron, cornice, urn and shield-of-arms. Wareham Quay, the Purbecks, Dorset, viewed from the south bank of the River Frome. The forms are generally Insular majuscule, though the A and U and the rounded E are better described as debased Roman capitals. 1, 3, and The Duke of Wellington p. ends suggest entrances; a ramped causeway leads to the E. These five stones are memorials originally erected in the cemetery of the Saxon monastery or of the British church which preceded it presumably on the same site.
iii is accurately recorded, namely, 'on taking down the S. end divided off and Dorset. into a shop. There is also a thriving horticultural sector, with the dark peaty soil well suited to the cultivation of vegetables and fruit.
9 has an original pedimented door-case.
window, an indented pattern in red and ochre and, in N.
Insular majuscule, a script derived from the half uncial book-hand, allows an intermingling of uncial forms to an extent that varies from MS.